An Ounce of Prevention – Easy Fall Maintenance Tips for Flat Roofs.
An ounce of prevention…
We’ve all heard it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. When it comes to roofing, that adage is true. Taking some simple steps seasonally will deter preventable problems by saving you money down the road and extending the life of your roof. Fall is a great time to check for potential leak risks before falling leaves clog up your gutters and drains. The process is simple, just be certain your employees follow proper safety standards. If you’d rather hire a professional, feel free to give LaFerney a call – 800-633-3119.
Things to look for…
- Debris in gutters, downspouts, scuppers, drains, and the field of the roof. Debris should be removed.
- Check the roof for punctures or other areas where water could enter the roof.
- Look around the HVAC units and other penetrations for holes and punctures.
- Make sure any edge metal is secure.
- Check seams to be certain they are well-sealed.
- Touch up any caulking or sealants where needed.
- Identify additional repairs which may need to be made by a professional.
For tips on home maintenance, the NRCA (National Roofing Contractor’s Association) provides quality information regarding roofs of all types. LaFerney Commercial Roofing is pleased to be a member of this organization.